Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Performance issues via NEURO (or lack thereof?)

Hey all, it's been a while. Sorry I haven't been able to post much lately, but I've gotten busy and design work is slow right now.

In any case, some people expressed concern that NEURO might have an impact on the performance of NullpoMino. I don't know if this is true yet, because we only have two real plugins written for it so far and they don't interact much. As it is, I'm writing NEURO Light as a sort of pre-emptive counter to this. However, there is something that I will be able to put to rest.

NEURO does not add input lag. Not even one millisecond.

I tested this just before, since I'd feared that it might do something like that due to the reflection-based nature of the system, and many people say reflection is slow. However, this turned out not to be the case. NEURO happily passes along the events, and things are just fine.

The next few posts I have lined up are going to be about the new rule system and possibly the networking protocol, although the latter is kind of in debate right now as I'm trying to decide which approach to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment